Kate Harlan, Jamie Sears & Taylor Wymer
Welcome to Simply Chic Events! We are a nationally recognized team of event planners and designers who believe in celebrating life’s special moments – big and small. Since 2006, we have worked with clients in Washington DC, Charlottesville and beyond to transform their visions into thoughtfully designed events. Our wheels are constantly turning. We dream big and are fueled by our passion to create unique and unforgettable moments. We ask our clients to enjoy the journey and to trust us with their vision. When they do, the results are unforgettable. Connecting with people to produce an event that is a true reflection of their stories and styles brings us so much joy.
We are honored to have been recognized as a Top Wedding Planner by Martha Stewart Weddings and Top Vote Getter by Washingtonian Bride & Groom magazine. Our work has been featured in publications such as Martha Stewart Weddings, Southern Weddings, Weddings Unveiled, Washingtonian Bride & Groom, The Knot, Brides and many others. We are eternally grateful for such recognition, for our supportive families and for inspiring clients who allow us to do what we love most.
Through years of experience we have established strong relationships with some of the most talented and respected event professionals in the country. Alongside our trusted partners, we provide a seamless and enjoyable planning process. Known for our warm and calm demeanor, we pour our hearts into countless details and approach each event as if it were our own.
By design, we work on a select number of events each year. This allows us the opportunity to build a personal relationship with each client and to provide them with a custom planning experience. We are committed to working closely with our clients to produce organically crafted events that capture their personalities and result in unforgettable moments. There is no greater joy than creating a celebration that is a true reflection of our clients’ journeys and passions.
– CHIC –Stylish, sophisticated
and smart. As believers in
timeless simplicity, the
meaning of chic has always
resonated with us –
refined luxury never
goes out of style.
In addition to managing and overseeing logistics, we are committed designers with a discerning eye for detail. We listen intently to likes, dislikes, daydreams, traditions, pasts and presents. This information becomes the foundation for a process that, like any good one, is a creative evolution. Together with our beloved vendors, we infuse these details to create personal and significant moments. We love to see the excitement on a client’s face when notes, swatches and sketches have been transformed into reality.
Our clients are our greatest source of inspiration. By taking the time to get to know them on a personal level, we are able to find relevance in the smallest of details. These elements often become our greatest muse. Below is a snapshot of how we translate the finer points into a personal and meaningful event.
- A black tie affair with rustic charm
- A ceremony for 200 guests that felt both intimate and romantic
- A formal dinner party
- A design that was an equal balance of feminine and masculine
- An infusion of the bride’s playful personality
- Details with personal meaning and relevance
- Luxurious navy drape and mercury glass chandeliers at a countryside winery
- A ceremony hosted in a private loft draped in soft, billowy linen with plentiful candlelight
- A layout which included long dining tables with seating on either side to create a residential feel
- Grey textured table linens and walnut chairs paired with a soft floral palette and subtle gold accents
- Bohemian-inspired accents through custom stationery and linens for the cocktail reception
- A bourbon bar for him, a Mediterranean food station for her and a chuppah designed and constructed by the couple